However Monday’s are for you, take out the time to add some self care into your day! 🧘🏾♀️ It’s the recharge that your body, mind, and soul can benefit from.
• Meditate: Learning to clear your mind through mediation can be a great lifestyle tool. 🧘🏾♀️ Take breaks throughout the day, first thing in the morning or before bed to slow down and be present. The practice of pausing, breathing, and just “being” is essential to our well-being and mental health because it helps us reduce stress, worry less and it enhances feelings of resiliency.
• Stretch your body! : Exercising is a great way to boost your brain and overall mood. It increases energy levels, improves happiness and doesn’t have to take place in a gym. Take a virtual workout class at home or spend some time outdoors walking or practicing yoga. 💪🏾
• Speak Positive Affirmations over yourself! 🌞: Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging/negative thoughts. When you repeat them often, and believe in them, you can start to make positive changes. Our words and thoughts have power! 🧠
• Get creative + Openly reflect in a journal 📝 : Writing is proven to lighten stress and allow you to organize your thoughts and feelings. 💞 It can be difficult to decipher the thoughts that transpire in our mind. Lessen the confusion by writing them down.
• Take a hot bubble bath! 🛁 : A day of treating yourself can help you detox your body and see some improvement in your physical health. Don’t think twice about it, we all deserve some pampering!
• Eat healthy and Eat Mindfully 🍓: The foods we choose to nourish our bodies and the way we enjoy them can have a tremendous impact on our mental and physical health. Eat foods that will boost your mood such as, oatmeal, nuts, and fresh fruit. (Even dark chocolate 🤫)
• Drink water and more water! : Water stimulates the flow of nutrients and hormones that release those “feel-good” endorphins you need to feel happy.