Does saying “Chill. God’s got this” sound too easy? Well it’s not!
“Be still and know that I am God; ” Psalm 46:10
He simply tells us to remember that He is God, the ruler of all things in heaven and on earth! Nothing is too great or impossible for him. This week’s challenge is to keep the faith in our Lord & Savior. Whether the work load at the job is becoming stressful or life itself seems to be pressing hard on you each second; Everything will work out for our good!
The following scriptures are a few out of the many in the bible that explain how our faith should be steadfast.
- “Now faith is the confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see” Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)
- “But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.” James 1:6
- “Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” Hebrews 11:6
- “For we live by faith and not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7
- “Because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.” James 1:3
- “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.” Mark 16:16
Speaking from personal experience, my old corporate job was strict about not conversating about “religion” in the work place. It became severely hard for me NOT to mention the Lord to my wordly coworkers. The people in my office seemed to be full of hatred and spite. When Christmas time rolled around I continued to share the great news and true meaning of Christmas. I felt like the rule of not talking about God in the work place was a ploy of the devil. Of course, the devil LOVES when people think they cannot talk about our Heavenly Father. The one who created each and every one of us!
I didn’t want to look back and realize that I missed a great opportunity to change my coworkers lives. Knowing Jesus IS life changing. Although I didn’t “over do it”, I made sure to keep my encouraging scriputal cards posted on the push pin wall of my desk. I’ve learned not to force non-believers to accept the Lord as their Savior. Most times it will make them run and not think twice about looking back. I simply wanted to implant curiosity into their minds about our Lord. By being the light on the hilltop that can’t be hidden, I know they saw the light of Christ shine within me while I was there.
Moral of this post is to encourage my fellow believers to stay strong through the storms of life. Do not let the ways of the world try to silence you in any way. We know the truth and that is JESUS Christ! Say it LOUD and say it PROUD, “Jesus Christ is my Redeemer, Lord and Savior… I am not ashamed!”